Review our FAQ's below to see what you can expect when you arrive at our Orange County luxury resort. Should you feel like your question is not addressed below, please feel free to contact us.
Main FAQ Overview
What time is check-in and check-out at the Waldorf Astoria Monarch Beach Resort?
Check-in is at 4:00 p.m.
Check-out is at 11:00 a.m.
Can I visit the restaurants, spa, shops, golf course or beach if I am not staying at Waldorf Astoria Monarch Beach Resort & Club?
AVEO Table + Bar, Bourbon Steak, 33 North, Club 19, and Part + Parcel are open to the public for dining.
To dine at Monarch Bay Beach Club, you must be a member or a resort guest.
Waldorf Astoria Spa
Waldorf Astoria Spa accepts reservations for resort guests, members, and day spa guests.
The shops at Waldorf Astoria Monarch Beach Resort & Club are open to the public.
Monarch Beach Golf Links is open to the public. To book a tee time, please visit their online booking link or call 949.248.3002.
Monarch Beach is open to the public. However, to dine at the Monarch Bay Beach Club or receive beach service from the Monarch Bay Beach Club team, you must be a resort guest or a member.
What are the dining options at Waldorf Astoria Monarch Beach Resort & Club?
AVEO Table + Bar serves breakfast, lunch and dinner with a Latin flair.
Bourbon Steak is open for dinner, serving prime cuts, fresh seafood, and an upscale menu of modern favorites.
Monarch Bay Beach Club features oceanfront dining and a menu of freshly caught seafood dishes among others.
Sombra Cantina is our poolside eatery with elevated casual bites and refreshing cocktails.
33 North, known as the best perch in the house, features handcrafted cocktails, small bites and a terrace with views of the Pacific.
Club 19 is located at the golf clubhouse and serves casual, upscale dishes, perfect for after a round on the links.
Part + Parcel offers a selection of grab-and-go items and freshly brewed coffee drinks.
How many pools are at the resort?
There are three pools at the resort - the Main pool, with views of the Pacific Ocean and two infinity-edge whirlpools; the Family pool, perfect for the littlest swimmers and waders; and the Spa pool, an adults-only sanctuary for swimming laps and lounging.
Please note access to the Spa pool is only available through purchasing a Spa treatment.
Are pets allowed?
Dogs are allowed to visit the resort with their owners. Before your arrival, please review our Dog Policy for more information and applicable fees.
How much is the daily resort charge and what does it include?
Waldorf Astoria Monarch Beach Resort & Club has a daily resort charge of $63 that includes the following:
- Complimentary signature group fitness classes
- Digital access to over 3,000 newspaper & magazine publications worldwide
- Beach Tram to the exclusive Monarch Bay Beach Club
- Tram rides to Salt Creek Beach
- Beach host service with towels, chairs & umbrellas
- Beach games & activities
- Athletic Club available 5am-10pm
- Laundering of work out gear, anticipated 24-hour turnaround
- House bikes with self-guided local tours on a first come basis
- Discounted green fees, savings on Flex Set rentals, & preferred tee times at Monarch Beach Golf Links
- In-room Nespresso machine
- Two bottles of water per day, refreshed at turn down
- Overnight shoe shine
- Local & toll free calls
- 24-hour business kiosk with free boarding pass printing
Can I reserve connecting rooms?
When reserving your guest room, please let your reservation agent know that you would like connecting rooms. We will do out best to ensure connecting rooms, but we cannot guarantee.
Is there a shuttle service to the beach?
Yes, our complimentary trams operate daily and pick up from the tram stop near the Main Lobby every 15 minutes. The route will take you down to Monarch Bay Beach Club and back. Tram service stops at 9:45 p.m.
How much is parking?
Valet Parking Rates:
- $10 for day-use with validation from one of our restaurants.
- $35 for day-use without validation
- $70 for overnight guests
Waldorf Astoria Monarch Beach also offers two universal electric vehicle chargers and three Tesla chargers for our guests' convenience.
Is smoking allowed in the rooms?
The hotel is 100% non-smoking and non-vaping.
A cleaning fee will be applied to a guest room where smoking or vaping has occurred.
What is your cancellation policy?
Please call us at 1-800-722-1543 for the most up-to-date information on our Cancellation Policy.
Can I have a photo shoot at the resort?
Non-professional photography and filming is permitted on the hotel premises for registered hotel guests only. Professional photography and videography is not permitted.
Wedding photography is reserved exclusively for our couples on their special day.
What are the top activities for families at the resort?
Families can enjoy a variety of exciting activities at the resort. Here are our top picks:
1. Visit Monarch Bay Beach Club: At the beach, our Beach Team will set you up in style with beach chairs, umbrellas and sand toys. In addition, boogie boards, kayaks, stand-up paddleboards, surf boards and more are available for rent through Expert Active.
2. Make a splash at the Pool: Cool off at our sparkling swimming pools and grab a bite to eat at Sombra Cantina. Adjacent to the Main Pool is our Family pool, perfect for the littlest swimmers and waders.
3. Toast S'mores: Stop by Part + Parcel to pick up a s'mores kit and toast your own s'mores at the Monarch Bay Beach Club fire pits.