Please rest assured that when you visit Waldorf Astoria Monarch Beach Resort & Club, we are ready. Our new safety protocols are informed by the public health and epidemiology experts at the University of California Irvine and all our new safety practices have been certified by the California Hotel & Lodging Association, with international certification from the Global Biorisk Advisory Council. Our nearly two decades of operations as a AAA Five Diamond rated resort have prepared us to exceed even the highest standards.
From the time you arrive with mobile check-in, to your experiences at the restaurants, pools and beach, you will see that your safety is our priority. All resort employees are required to wear masks, and according to current State of California guidelines, guests are required to wear face coverings in public spaces. Masks are made available at no charge upon request.
- Hilton CleanStay: Enhanced cleanliness and disinfection with Hilton CleanStay a new program to deliver an industry-leading standard of cleanliness and disinfection in Hilton properties across the world. New elevated processes and Team Member training have been developed with RB, maker of Lysol and Dettol, to help Waldorf Astoria Monarch Beach Resort & Club guests enjoy an even cleaner and safer stay from check-in to check-out. If you would like to learn more about Hilton CleanStay program please visit https://www.hilton.com/en/corporate/cleanstay
- Guest Rooms: After a rigorous cleaning protocol with 79 points of disinfection, your guestroom is safety sealed for arrival. Housekeeping services and turndown are provided when you are not present and you may opt-out of service if you wish.
- Dining: Per California State Guidelines, our restaurants are currently closed but offering to-go service from Bourbon Steak, Monarch Bay Beach Club, Part + Parcel and Sombra, as well as In-Room Dining.
- Recreation: The Monarch Pool and Family Pool areas are capacity-controlled with physically distanced seating arrangements and all chairs at the pools and beach are disinfected between use. For a more private experience, luxurious pool cabanas are also available to reserve. Our oceanfront golf experience features a touchless arrival with carts disinfected and ready.
- Fitness: Our new 4,500 square foot Athletic Club Pavilion is available for all your fitness needs, providing state-of-the-art exercise equipment in an open-air facility. Located on the Pacific Lawn, visit this space to enjoy a rejuvenating workout in the fresh ocean air. In addition, we have a robust fitness schedule with over 40 weekly fitness classes that will take place at picturesque outdoor locations throughout the resort grounds.
- Service Team: All resort employees are certified in the CleanStay program protocol and undergo daily temperature and health screening checks. Employees wear PPE for your safety.
Resort Service Update
We offer guests and members the best of everything without ever leaving the resort's self-contained 175-acre grounds.
- Monarch Bay Beach Club: Per California state guidelines, this restaurant is currently closed for dine-in service, but to-go service is available.
- Bourbon Steak: Per California state guidelines, this restaurant is currently closed for dine-in service, but to-go service is available.
- AVEO Table + Bar: Per California state guidelines, this restaurant is currently closed.
- Pools: The Monarch & Family pools are open with capacity controls and physical distancing protocol and Sombra poolside cafe will be available for to-go service. The peaceful Spa pool is also available for adults.
- Monarch Beach Golf Links: Continues to be open with physical distancing protocol.
- Athletic Club Pavilion: The Athletic Club has been moved outside to the 4,500 square foot Athletic Club Pavilion, offering state-of-the-art exercise equipment in an open-air facility located on the Pacific Lawn.
- Fitness Classes: A full schedule featuring more than 40 weekly fitness, yoga & meditation classes is available, all held outdoors with fresh ocean breezes.
- Activities: A complete schedule of wellness, culinary, outdoor, and family activities is available.
- Spa: The new Waldorf Astoria Spa is opening in the spring of 2021.
For information about the current California State travel guidelines, please click here.