As travel continues to evolve, our priority remains focused on the health and safety of our guests and team members. We have partnered with Forbes Travel Guide to become Sharecare VERIFIED™, aligning our safety procedures with over 360 standards across health and hygiene protocols.
Please rest assured that when you visit Waldorf Astoria Monarch Beach Resort & Club, we are ready. The Hilton CleanStay program brings an industry-defining standard of cleanliness and disinfection to this property, providing peace of mind for our guests and members. In addition, our safety protocols have been informed by the California Hotel & Lodging Association, Global Biorisk Advisory Council, and the public health and epidemiology experts at the University of California Irvine.
From the time you arrive using Hilton Honors digital key, to your experiences at the restaurants, pools, and beach, you will see that your safety is our priority. Here is an overview of current safety practices on our 175-acre campus:
- Hilton CleanStay: Enhanced cleanliness and disinfection is a priority with Hilton CleanStay, a program to deliver an industry-leading standard of cleanliness and disinfection in Hilton properties across the world. New elevated processes and Team Member training have been developed with Reckitt, maker of Lysol and Dettol, to help Waldorf Astoria Monarch Beach Resort & Club guests enjoy an even cleaner and safer stay from check-in to check-out. If you would like to learn more about Hilton CleanStay program, please visit hilton.com/en/corporate/cleanstay.
- Face Coverings: Per California guidelines, face coverings are suggested for unvaccinated guests and optional for vaccinated guests while enjoying indoor public spaces.
- Service Team: All resort employees are certified in the CleanStay program protocols and undergo daily temperature and health screening checks. Employees wear PPE for your safety.
- Public Areas: Guests will find disinfecting hand sanitizer stations available throughout the resort. Additionally, both public and Team Member areas are cleaned at scheduled intervals, including hourly maintenance of high-touch areas like elevators and bathrooms. Each area is cleaned using approved commercial-grade products, followed by additional disinfection using the approved Lysol, Dettol, Sagrotan, or Napisan products.
- Guest Rooms: Our housekeeping room protocol begins with our team removing all used items from the room such as bedding and towels. Next, the team performs a full clean of the room and bathroom including vacuuming the carpet, mopping floors and wiping down all surfaces with hospital-grade cleaners. Then, using trusted products from Lysol, Dettol, Sagrotan, or Napisan, we do an additional disinfecting step for high-touch surfaces in the room. After the room is thoroughly cleaned, we replace the towels and make up the bed with freshly laundered linens. Upon your arrival, you’ll have complete peace of mind that the room is clean and ready for your stay. Housekeeping services and turndown are provided when you are not present and you may opt-out of service if you wish.
- Dining: Bourbon Steak, Monarch Bay Beach Club, AVEO Table + Bar, 33N, Part + Parcel and Sombra are all open
- Beach Club: The Monarch Bay Beach Club is open with ocean sports equipment rentals and instruction available and the restaurant serving lunch and dinner
- Spa: Waldorf Astoria Spa is open seven days a week and accepting reservations for resort guests, members, and day spa guests.
- Golf: The 18-hole oceanfront Monarch Beach Golf Links is open
- Recreation: The Monarch Pool and Family Pool areas are fully open
- Fitness: The Athletic Club is open 24 hours a day and a complete schedule of group wellness and fitness classes is available